At Dundee Bank we have always loved being a part of the Dundee and Blackstone neighborhoods in Omaha. Because so many of our neighbors are also our customers, we want to do as much as we can to help our local community get through this challenging time.
In the past few weeks, Dundee Bank has helped more than 275 of our clients apply for the Paycheck Protection Program, a federal program offering forgivable loans to small businesses to pay their employees during the COVID-19 crisis. Our loan officers worked overtime on weekends to make sure all our clients got the help they needed.
We’re not just helping our local community with loans, though. We’ve had the opportunity to do so much more:
- We donated to the two funds in support of the local businesses in our neighborhoods, the Blackstone District Emergency Fund and the Dundee Merchants Relief Fund.
- Restaurants are a huge part of our neighborhoods, and we’re supporting them by purchasing gift cards from locally owned restaurants in the same neighborhoods as our locations and giving them away on our Facebook page.
- We also assisted a team of local spouses of medical professionals to help start a volunteer effort to collect much needed medical supplies. Learn more at Omaha C19 PPE Response effort website.
- We converted our neighborhood’s Little Free Library to a temporary Little Free Food Pantry stocked by our staff with snacks, personal hygiene products and other items to help anyone in the neighborhood who might be in need.
- We donated school supplies to help more than 150 students from Holy Name and All Saints with their at home learning for the coming weeks.
- Our drive-thru remains open and safe. We are cleaning throughout the day with a focus on high traffic areas.
Here’s what you can do to help, too:
- Find a locally owned restaurant or business to support during this time.
- If you have excess N95 masks or other personal protection equipment, donate it to medical professionals, who are in dire need of supplies.
- Most of all, stay home and stay safe! You can always bank online with us at dundeebanking.com.
Community banks focus on community action, and that’s what Dundee Bank is about. We’re honored to serve.
For more information on the steps Dundee Bank is taking during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit our preparedness page. There you can learn more about our local banking options, gather information on the PPP and Nebraska unemployment and find ways to help the local community.
Know something that should be added to this list? We’d love to know what it is.