As your community bank, we are committed to supporting sustainable practices that benefit our local community and the environment. We understand that every small action can make a difference, and we encourage our customers to adopt sustainable practices in their daily lives. Here are some tips on how to be sustainable in Omaha:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Reduce waste by bringing reusable bags to the grocery store, using a reusable water bottle, and opting for paperless billing. When possible, try to reuse items instead of throwing them away. And always remember to recycle!
- Support Local: When you shop locally, you reduce the environmental impact of transportation and support the local economy. Look for locally sourced produce and products, and shop at local farmers’ markets.
- Use Public Transportation: Public transportation is an eco-friendly alternative to driving. Omaha has several options for public transportation, including the Metro Bus and Bike Share programs.
- Plant Trees: Trees provide shade, improve air quality, and absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Consider planting a tree in your yard or volunteering with local tree planting programs.
- Clean Up: Keep our community clean by picking up litter and properly disposing of waste. Participate in local clean-up events and encourage others to do the same.
By implementing these simple actions, we can all contribute to a more sustainable future in Omaha. Let’s work together to create a cleaner and healthier community for ourselves and future generations to come.
To learn more about what Dundee Bank is doing to support a more sustainable community, visit our responsibility page at https://www.dundeebanking.com/responsibility/
Want to bank green with us? https://www.dundeebanking.com/